Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Limoges France

Limoges France
12 x 16 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello

Worked on a larger still life this week featuring a beautiful Limoges pitcher. I picked this piece up this summer while "brocanting" which is a combination garage sale/outdoor market/antique show that happens on Sundays in little towns all over France.

 I really liked the shape and colors since they were a little different than the other pieces I have( or at least that's how I convinced myself I had to have this). And I got it for what I considered a steal, only 5 euro's which is about $6.50 or so. Of course I did need to carry in back in my luggage, but  fortunately it made it home unscathed.

Below is where I was a couple of days ago. I find when I photograph something and see it on screen it's easier for me to see what needs to be adjusted. I decided the tabletop was too light and too cool so adjusted it a bit. Also darkened and neutralized the background a bit and  adjusted the shape of the vase a little.

Earlier version, before edits


No comments:

Post a Comment