Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Italian Bouganvillea

Limone Flowers
6 x 8
Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello

This was a small study for possibly a larger painting somewhere down the line. It's based on a photo from my recent trip to Lake Garda in northern Italy.  This was a street in a wonderful town  called Limone on the northern end of Lake Garda. It had an abundance of bougainvillea - even in late September.

The bougainvillea is always a challenging color to capture- -it's not really purple. I tried  few combinations on my own that didn't quite get it, but then I referred to my color charts and saw that magenta  plu permanent rose plus white came pretty close.

2 comments:

  1. They certainly do. Sometimes I'm lazy or resist looking colors up ( even though I keep the book ut on the desk in my studio), but when I do finally look them up, I am always glad I did.

    ReplyDelete