Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Ginger Jar & Roses

Ginger Jar & Roses
9 x 12
Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello

This painting was another demonstration I did at my recent workshop "Painting Flowers Ala Prima in Oil".  My students were surprised how dark I started out the ginger jar to get form, light & shadow, but in the end it still appeared as a white jar.

If you're interested in learning to paint flowers in oil in an easy, fresh manner, I'll be teaching another workshop at the Atlanta Artists Center on the weekend of September 22 & 23. I use an approach with a transparent color block in that allow colors to stay clean, bright and not get muddy, before finishing off with more opaque colors. For more information on the workshop, please contact me at patfiorello.com

No comments:

Post a Comment