Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lake Como Dreams... and a 2 year anniversary!

Lake Como Dreams
16 x 20 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
NFS
I've been working on this larger painting for a couple of weeks. It's a view of Varenna from Lake Como, in northern Italy. I plan to use it for the cover of my forthcoming book, "Bella Italia, Italy Through the Eyes of an Artist".  The book is currently in development, with layout being finalized and photo's being optimized for the printing process. Will keep you posted as I learn more about timing for it's release.

I'd also like to acknowledge today is the 2 year anniversary of this blog, "Art Elevates Life".  I have over 300 posts to date- which I can hardly believe since my first attempt at a blog the prior year lasted for a grand total of 2 days.

 The reason is, the first time in 2010, I started the blog was because I thought I "should" do  it and "should" is never motivating for long." Should" quickly turns in to a burden or obligation and then you give up. The second time I started the blog, I changed my context from "I should do it" to this could be a platform for sharing my enthusiasm for art and inspiring people to participate in art more (whether as an artist, student, patron, collector or any form of appreciation), as a contribution to enrich their lives. Sharing, inspiring  contributing, enhancing- now those are a lot more exciting and enlivening than "should". so as they say, context is decisive. The WHY you are doing something is as important, if not more important than what or how you are actually doing it.   That seems to apply to many areas of life.

 Thank you so much for participating in this  conversation with me. I appreciate your interest, support and feedback. Thank you for appreciating art and helping to share that enthusiasm with others, because I truly believe "Art Elevates Life".

Have a beautiful day!
and Happy St. Patrick's Day too!



No comments:

Post a Comment