Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pienza Balcony II


Pienza Balcony II
 8 x 10 Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello
$300



This may look familiar. I did a painting of this scene a couple of weeks back. I decided to do another version really emphasizing what I loved most about this scene. I cropped the view in even further, added more flowers and upped the color intensity, played down the doors and accentuated the edges of the shadows of the balcony.  While I liked the first version (below) which was pretty faithful to the photo, I think version II is a stronger design and says more about what initially grabbed me about the scene. I'm a big proponent of revisiting a subject over and over to push your vision of it further. There is always something to be learned.

Pienza Balcony I

No comments:

Post a Comment