Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Pear and A Pair

A Pear and A Pair
6 x 8 Oil Painting
SOLD

This was a small study begun earlier this month. I had done  a simple set up of a pear and a couple of pansies form my garden as a practice piece and was not too pleased with the initial outcome (which is pictured below).  I set it aside for several weeks and finally thought what to I have to lose to try and improve it.   With nothing to lose and a sense of no attachment, I just went for it and added color, bolder brushwork etc.. on top of what was already there.


  While I can't say the 2nd version pictured above is one of my all time favorites, I can see that rather than give up or just throw it out,  it was worth giving it a 2nd shot to push what I initially deemed a failure to another level. The revised version does seem to me to have more energy and life vs the original which was  okay but not very exciting.

The original version


No comments:

Post a Comment