Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Saint-Cirq-LaPopie

Saint-Cirq-LaPopie
8 x 10 Oil Painting
$250
 


Painted this study on location in Saint-Cirq-LaPopie, noted as the most beautiful small village in France by the French people themselves. It was a stunning town with lot lots of scenes to paint.  I'm sure I'll revisit my photo's from that day for further painting inspiration and I'd love to go back in the spring or sumer to see what it looks like when full of flowers.

 When choosing a  location to paint, I like to go with what captures my heart. A scene I walk by and  often literally gasp.  Over time you might notice you are drawn to similar scenes. I have certain themes I return to over and over. I can't resist sunlit vines. They have interesting, dynamic shapes, that have a sense of movement and the dramatic lighting and shadows. They just make me feel happy! I  used the basic architecture and light and shadow patterns here then further embellished the scene with some colorful flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment