Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Garden Spot II

Garden Spot II
8 x 10 oil painting
 $300


My friend's husband had taken a lovely photo of a sunlit bench in Italy and he generously gave me permission to use it as inspiration for a painting. I did not want to copy it exactly, so used another bench and adjusted the flowers with an aim towards an impressionistic painting conveying the feeling of the sunlit flowers over the bench. I initially painted Garden Spot I but then decided to have the bench more on an angle so did a second version, Garden Spot II, which I think is a little more dynamic and better fulfilled on my original intention.

Garden Spot I

No comments:

Post a Comment