Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Terry's Fountain

Terry's Fountain
9 x 12
Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
NFS


I did this painting awhile back but had been holding off posting it since it was a surprise Christmas gift for a friend.


 My friend Terry, who lives in Charlotte, has a lovely fountain with plants near his front door. One day while I was visiting I noticed the sunlight on the fountain. I thought it might make a fun, special and unexpected painting for him so I snuck a few photo's when he wasn't looking then painted it when I got back to my studio.


 One of the best things about being an artist is the ability to make something meaningful for someone who appreciates that it was created especially for them.


That's one reason I actually like to do commissions. Often they are a very thoughtful and unexpected gift for someone who is very special to the person who has commissioned the art.  It's an expression of their love. This week I'm starting on a romantic one. A client commissioned a  beautiful scene from the couple's 10th anniversary trip that will be a Valentine's gift for his wife. I'm glad to be part of enabling him to provide something extra- special and memorable for his wife. Better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment