Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Volpaia Welcome

Volpaia Welcome
9 x 12
Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello

Happy 2012!
As we welcome in the new year, I thought I'd share this painting-it's the last one I completed in 2011. I call it Volpaia Welcome. It's based on a doorway in a picturesque, little known village in the Chianti Region of Tuscany. Each year when I teach in Tuscany I try to get in a little photo op in this town because it is just beautiful, romantic, quintessential Italy.

I've been away for the past couple of weeks with holiday and family travel so haven't done any painting and looking forward to getting back to the studio this week. I'm going to be working on a series " Enchanting Italy" for a gallery show I have coming up in March, so expect to see more Italy paintings over the next couple of months, with a few floral still life paintings occasionally as well.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy and successful new year, however you define it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment