Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, August 3, 2012

"Nature's Palette" Exhibit at Callaway Gardens


White Hydrangeas
6 x8  Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
$100




An artist friend was kind enough to save these flowers from her garden for me since she knows I love hydrangeas.  I got home late last night but didn't want to miss the opportunity to paint them, so just put together a simple still life and did a "petite" painting 6 x 8 to catch them before they were gone.


 Now armed with this and photo's I can do a larger version in the future.

A good reminder for times when I might not feel I have a big chunk of time to do a larger painting so might opt to skip it altogether to instead do a small study, like I would do plein air, but just in my studio.






 This week the "Nature's Palette" exhibit opened at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA. It runs now through September 3. It features about 40 paintings done by fellow artist (and one of my art instructors Deb Nadelhoffer) and me. The shows the broad range of colors inspired by nature- Deb's more muted palette of atmospheric landscapes scenes and my more vibrant palette for florals. If you happen to be nearby, please stop in. The show is in the exhibit hall at the Discovery Center. It's a large room so hard to get a comprehensive photo, but these may give you an idea.




















No comments:

Post a Comment