Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever
8 x 10 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
NFS


Yes, this is a detour from my "European Escapes" series. It's a cabin in the U.S., actually our cabin in North GA.

This week was my husband Peter's birthday. We love our occasional cabin escapes from the city ( although I'm like Eva Gabor in "Green Acres", for those of you old enough to remember that TV show, the New Yorker in me still likes getting back to "city life" after a few days).

I made this painting for him as part of his birthday gift.  One of the best parts of painting is to be able to create something special and personal for someone. I love to do that. It's one of my favorite aspects of doing commissions- making something very special that is meaningful to someone.

This summer I have 6 commissions that  I've been working on in conjunction with the Dunwoody Home Tour.  I spend a lot of time photographing the subjects and painting them including small details that are personally meaningful for the homeowners but would probably go unnoticed by other people. These are the  homes and gardens of the people who generously open up their homes for the tour which benefits the Dunwoody Women's Club and the good services they provide for the community. After the tour, once the paintings are presented to the homeowners, I'll share some of the paintings along with reference photo's.



No comments:

Post a Comment