Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, September 28, 2018

Things Are Looking UP!

Things Are Looking UP!
12 x 12 Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello
 $600

 


Over the summer I taught a painting workshop in Italy. the day I arrived and checked into my hotel, I realized I was just a block away from one of the world's oldest botanical gardens which is in Florence Italy ( built approx. 1545).

I stopped by that afternoon and  saw these luscious garden roses hanging form a trellis and new I wanted to paint them.

Since I came back home, I've been thinking this painting.  Initially I was going to paint literally what I had in the photo . I did like the flowers against the buildings to suggest Italy. But then I thought, why not simplify the design and just focus on the flowers against the sky.   I took the photo and kind of mapped out how it could be without the buildings in the background and gave it a shot.

I may still do another version with the buildings in the background, but that will be for another day.






No comments:

Post a Comment