Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sunny Italy, Take 3

Sunny Italy, Take 3
12 x 9 Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello

$450

In the spirit of learning, I went back to the same scene I painted the other day in my workshop.   On my blog post on Sunday June 8, I shared both a painted I did in a workshop and how my instructor  made some changes to it.

Both versions had their own merits. but I decided to go back and do another version of the painting incorporating some of  the feedback my instructor provided, but doing it in my own style with my own brushstrokes.

Sunny Italy, Take 3 is the result of that process. I tried to keep it a bit simpler than my initial version, but to me the excitement of the scene are the plants in sunlight (Scottish broom in Italy) so I brought some more activity back to that area.

Here are version 1 and 2, so let me know if you have a favorite and if so, why. Thanks!

My original version Take 1
Take 2 (Take 1 edited by Jim Richard)


No comments:

Post a Comment