Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Love


Love
8 x 16 Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello

 

After working this week on paintings for my upcoming show and commissions, I decided to put all aside Friday morning and just painting something fun for me that I thought would learn something from.

I had take this photo a few weeks back when I had these fresh flowers( you may recall them from my earlier painting "Caraluna").  I decided not to focus on color and did most of the painting solely from the black and white photo so I'd be free to make color choices and decide how much detail later on.

Felt like a good approach to keep things simple and fresh and not get hijacked into the literal thinking the photo often seems to impose.
A book I've really enjoyed  over the years and often share with my students is "Painting with your Artist's Brain" by Carl Purcell. He does a great job of distinguishing between our intellect- the literal brain and our artists brain which is about seeing shapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment