Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

White in Red

White in Red
8 x 10 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello

Click to Bid


I recently reorganized my studio and took all the still life props I typically use which were piled on a window sill and moved them on to a new  shelving unit so I can have better access and not feel so cluttered.  It meant rearranging the studio and losing a comfortable chair that I liked having in there, ( I have resisted moving it out for the past 15 years) but it was well worth the sacrifice to feel more of a sense of order and spaciousness.  The chair is happily getting more use already in another room than it ever got in my studio where it was usually covered up with canvases and photo's- basically used as a table. Also I can now use the window box as another option for still life set ups lit by natural light instead of having to rely solely on my lamp and shadow box.

In the meantime, while organizing I realized most of my props are in the cool color family. I can't resist the blue and white patterned china. So I began the hunt for a nice red vase. Went to Pier 1 but didn't see anything in the color I had in mind. I almost never go into Marshall's but it was right next store, so glad I did. I found this nice red pitcher on sale $5.99 Perfect.

So that was the inspiration for this painting, "White in Red", painted by the natural light on the window box.

before

after

No comments:

Post a Comment