Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, June 30, 2017

Birthday Love

Birthday Love
9 x 12 oil painting
by Pat Fiorello
SOLD
This painting was a commission for a special birthday gift from one of my students to her adult daughter who lives on the west coast.  All she told me was that her daughter's favorite flowers were white roses and blue hydrangeas   (happen to be my favorites too!) She wanted them in the garden, not in a vase, but other than that gave me free reign. There is no one place that this actually was inspired by- I  totally made it up, but I surrounded myself with photo's of those types of flowers to keep me in touch with my feeling for those flowers and their essence.



Creating the painting felt really good- it was fun and freeing and I am really pleased with how it turned out. Might be one of my favorites ever.

My favorite thing is to create art that is going to be given as a gift to a loved one. For me, that feels like the true mission for my art. To help people celebrate love!

I lost my own mother last July and spent her last (87th) birthday with her on July 2nd while she was in hospice in a nursing home in NJ.  That was the last day I spent with her before coming back home. She passed away the following week. This painting commissioned by a lovely student who I am very fond of, to her daughter whose birthday is July 3, really had me in touch with the love between mothers and daughters.

 I always appreciate feedback and was especially happy to get this message back from my client:

"Thank you so much for spreading love through your paintings!"

What better purpose is there for art than spreading love?


No comments:

Post a Comment