Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, June 2, 2017

Flowing


Flowing
 12 x 16 Oil Painting
 Continuing with my "Garden Fresh" series of flowers on plants in the garden, as opposed to arranged in a still life,  is my newest painting, "Flowing".

Of course I loved the abundant cluster of these beautiful garden roses, but also liked the idea of them flowing down, like a waterfall.



Here's a photo of what I originally saw ( If I recall correctly,  this was from a trip to Tuscany where flowers were growing against a stone wall).

I took a black and white version of the photo and added my own white and light grey magic marker on top of it for light shapes I wanted to add to improve the composition, especially in the top area which is kind of empty in the original photo. Then eliminated some shapes that were unnecessary or distracting ( e.g. in the lower right corner). From there, proceeded with painting "Flowing" (pictured above).



No comments:

Post a Comment