Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Patience- 1


Patience -1
16 x 20 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
$1600
Ordered some David Austin "Patience" roses from the local wholesaler, "Cut Flowers" last week.  I figured "Patience" was fitting since that's what I've needed a lot of while I'm recovering form the accident. Now at week 10 of 12 that I need to be totally non-weight bearing on my left leg, then moving on to several months of physical therapy.    

I have to say this was one of the more challenging subjects I've painted.  The flowers are complex and I include the whole dozen. Probably a study of one or 2 might have been a good idea first, but when you have fresh flowers, the clock is ticking before they are gone, so I just jumped right in.

Below are the set up I arranged and a photo's of a few steps in the process.
I did a second version with a lighter background and will share that soon, but for this one I used overhead lighting and more of a mid-tone background for contrast.









If you love flowers, you may want to come join me on my upcoming workshop in June 2018 to "Paint the English Gardens " in Cornwall, England- Click link for details.


No comments:

Post a Comment