Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Flower Study #50


Flower Study # 50
Pinks & Greens
6 x 6
Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello

This is the last of the series of 50 floral studies that I embarked on earlier this summer. This little one I did with a 45 minute timer on as an exercise to keep it simple and not overwork it.


 All 50 have now been posted on my blog, mostly during Aug- Oct of this year.


You can also see most of them all in one place on my DAILY PAINTWORKS GALLERY where many are available for sale. If you see one that you are interested in, feel free to get in touch with me at patfiorello@aol.com


 I actually laid out all 50 in sequence on the floor to see how the paintings had evolved, the experiments I tried and what I had learned along the way.








 It has been a fun challenge and I am now ready to embark on a new sereis which I'm calling "Fresh from the Garden". The focus will still be flowers and I'll still do some small studies, but will shift more towards some larger pieces for upcoming shows. Stay tuned. I'll share them as I complete new work.


 I will also be teaching a new 2 day oil painting workshop in Atlanta in 2012- Flowers Alla Prima. For more information see The Art School in Sandy Springs and  click on the March calendar.







3 comments:

  1. Your latest flower painting is beautiful. Just love those 2 colors together and wonderful brushwork. Enjoyed seeing most of these in your studio the other day. Gorgeous all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is great..loose w/ wonderful values. I think that the timer worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feedback. Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete