Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hydrangea Fun

Hydrangea Fun
6 x 6
Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello


Today is my first day back in the studio in 2012. I actually haven't started painting yet, plan to do that tonight. Spent a few hours going thru about 10 photo albums from past trips to Italy looking for references for a new series for 2012 " Enchanting Italy".  It's hard to choose, but came up with about 30 of my favorites for inspiration as a starting point.  Mostly images of Tuscany and Lake Como. They are currently all laid out on the floor so I can see how they look and feel together.  Later I'll put them in a smaller album so they are all in one place, ready to find as I work thru this series over the next few months.  I like working in a series this way- I have a group of related subject matter to work from to stay focused but on any given day I still can choose from among the "finalists"  to do what I feel in the mood to work on that particular day.

In the meantime,  I posted one of my hydrangea studies from before the holiday" break".

New paintings of Italy coming soon.  Now back to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment