Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Just for Fun!

Just for Fun!
8 x 8 Oil Painting

I've been working on a complicated painting of a Venice canal scene for the past 2 weeks.  I keep making revisions and I think I'm close to done but wanted to give it a break before coming back to look at it with fresh eyes in a few days. In the meantime, after taking it as far as I could this morning, I was ready to paint something easy, just for fun. In honor of Valentine's Day, I did these roses. This painting is not for sale since the reference photo that inspired it was not one I took myself, but it was a fun and freeing exercise to get back to painting something happy and expressive without worrying about straight lines and perspective.

Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day with the people you love doing the things that bring you joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment