Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Rose Squared

Rose Squared
8 x 8 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
$200


Planning on doing a larger rose painting. Started with a small study of a cropped view of it to get a feel for it.

Often in learning it helps to do a small piece to get your feet wet before attempting something larger and more complex. I often tell my beginning students I'd like prefer they  do 10 smaller paintings instead of one large painting. that way they won't be so invested in one large painting and they'll get 10x the learning. That model fits for painting and other types of learning too.

 I recently decided to experiment with adding videos to help share information about my offerings. I took the same "baby step" approach. I started with a short 1 1/2 minute video about my book. Learned a lot of lessons by  actually doing it that I would not have gotten just by thinking or reading about it. Here's my first baby step.

As the saying goes, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice". I'll share more of my "practices" with you as they evolve.


No comments:

Post a Comment