Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blue Orchids for Mom

Blue Orchids for Mom
8 x 6 Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello
NFS

This wouldn't have been my first choice for a painting subject (orchids don't naturally come in this blue color), but it was a special request from my brother for my mom.   She is now living at an Assisted Living facility in NJ and my brother who lives in NY is amazing about visiting her on a regular basis and making sure her needs are being taken care of. It hasn't been as smooth a transition to her new home as we had hoped for and she's often sad. One of the few things that brings her joy ( besides ice cream- I inherited that gene for sure) are plants. In particular my brother noticed every time she sees this plant in the main gathering room, she comments how beautiful it is. So he asked me to paint one for her to keep in her bedroom. I'm going to see her in a few weeks for her 85th birthday and painted it today so it would be dry enough to take with me and give to her. Often it's the little moments of delight that make our day or bring a smile.  Even a dyed blue orchid.  Hope this makes hers. Happy Birthday mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment