Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Abundant Austins


Abundant Austins
18 x 18 Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello
 $1250
 

I have painted these David Austin roses before from photographs taken in gardens, but I don't think I've ever had the real flowers to paint them from life. So I treated myself by ordering a dozen at our local flower wholesaler in Atlanta. They came in yesterday and I thought I'd have a few days, but they opened up pretty fast, so I got up and was at work in my studio by 7AM today to catch these beauties at their peak.

Below is the still life set up I arranged, a close up of the center of interest, some of the steps in the process as well as some of the paint on my palette- mixing warmer, cooler etc..







       


No comments:

Post a Comment