Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Blue and Yellow Make Green

"Blue and Yellow Make Green"
8 x 8 Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello
SOLD



I usually like to have flowers be the central focus of my still life paintings, but for this one I started with a lemon and looked to add some other simple shapes and colors. I also found a lime and then selected the blue glass vase which I've had  on my "still life prop shelf" for awhile, but never painted before.

Without the flowers these other objects can look pretty static, so I dragged my brush out in places to add some energy and unity to the painting.


The set up

No comments:

Post a Comment