Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dahlia a la Sorolla

Dahlia a la Sorolla
8 x 10 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
$300

 


I wanted to do an experiment and paint something in the spirit of one of my favorite artists Sorolla.

I had a photo of a beautiful dahlia and had turned it into black and white for  a photo challenge on Facebook.   The shape and form of it was striking and it inspired me to give it a try as a painting. I painted it once from the black and white photo just focusing on value and to get familiar with this type of flower (see last blogpost Dahlia Drama) but wanted to push the colors further even though it was  a white flower.  The real flower photographed was in fact pink, but I wanted to let that go and use my own color choices to depict a white flower in sunlight. I added more warmth to the white in sunlight and cooled off some of the areas and shapes in shadow.


Original photo

Colors dropped out

No comments:

Post a Comment