Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Red & White

Red & White
8 x 10 oil painting
by Pat Fiorello
$300

 
 Tried something new today. I wanted to paint some flowers not in a vase but just sprawled out. I intended to do an 8 x 10 painting.  As part of my May Flowers Challenge this month I'm keeping the paintings on the smaller side .

I took the flowers and leaves and laid them out on top of another 8 x 10 canvas    (fortunately that one had a plastic wrap still on so the panel didn't get wet). This allowed me to physically lay out the composition the way I wanted and know that it would fit on an 8 x 10 canvas.

I didn't have a white rose available, but used the pink one as a stand in and made it a little bit whiter.  Below is a photo of my layout on the canvas.



No comments:

Post a Comment