Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, May 24, 2019

Garden Hydrangeas






Garden Hydrangeas
16 x 16 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello
$1250
    
Spring is in full bloom in Atlanta. My husband cut these beautiful hydrangeas for me from our garden and  I arranged them in the studio. The set up is below.   "Garden Hydrangeas" is my interpretation of this arrangement.

Lately I've been concentrating my art on more of how I feel. It's more important to have a painting that feels alive and shows the paint quality with expressive brushstrokes than to paint exactly what's there. It's freeing to just paint what I want to be there and how I feel about it.  I've summed that up in a new statement of my artistic voice: "Classic Beauty. Alive with Color, Paint and Passion." This is what excites me about painting and what I want my paintings to convey.

Below are some steps along the way to creating this painting.

In June,  I'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of when I first picked up a brush and started painting as an adult.  I'll be sharing photo's of some highlights and most memorable moments over the past 25 years and some special offers through my newsletters. If you don't already receive, "Bringing Beauty to the World", and would like to you, can easily sign up here.

Thanks for all your support of my art.Whether you are a long-time of more recent follower of my work, I appreciate your interest.

General  size and placement

Blocking in the darkest value shapes
Adding the next darkest value- the shadows




Starting to Block in the flower shapes


Adding a rough block in of the supporting elements


The inspiration from my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment