Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rose Study

                                                    
                                                          Valentine's Day
                                                                9 x 12
                                                   Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello


You don't have to set your sights on completing a major painting each time you get into the studio. Sometimes it's a nice break to simplify something and do a quick study. I was lucky enough to get a bouquet of 2 dozen beautiful roses from my husband this Valentines' Day. Instead of trying to tackle the whole bouquet of 24 flowers, I pulled out 3 roses, arranged them with a little device I have that allows me to clip the flowers in various positions ( I think I got it years ago for a botanical illustration class I once took). I set the flower grouping on a simple cloth, put a light on it and painted the study shown above. It was a good practice to  focus on the roses without necessarily adding the complexity of a more elaborate still life set up. Plus I have a remembrance of this Valentine's day I can keep long after the real flowers are gone.





                                         Photo's of set up for Valentine's Day study

2 comments: