Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The State of Art



"Mums the Word"
Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello
12 x 12


“The object is not to make art, but to be in the wonderful state that makes art inevitable”   
  - Robert Henri


Lately, I've been painting a lot more still lives and I'm really enjoying them. Not only do you get to choose and arrange the elements you are painting, but it also forces you to slow down and really observe what's in front of you. I find myself slowing down even  more with still lives than when I do a landscape plein air when I'm moving quickly before the light or weather changes. 
When I have that much focus , I'm in the zone, not really aware of what's going on around me or how much time has passed. It's a wonderful state to be in.

Reflecting on the experience, reminded me of a favorite quote  from the artist Robert Henri noted above. Creating art can offer a state change- being fully present in the moment and absorbed in the flow. Maybe that's what it's all about.


3 comments:

  1. Great painting and that is a really wonderful quote. If we could only be in that state always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!That painting just got into a show at the Lawrence House gallery in conjucntion with the Marietta Decorator's Show House this May. I'm off to paint right now- Maybe I should say I'm off to alter my state (definitely a state change from being on the computer) Hope you are having some fun painting!

    ReplyDelete