Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, October 5, 2012

The difference a background makes...

Adie's Day
16 x 20 Oil Painting
 by Pat Fiorello
SOLD



I had a request for a painting of flowers for a yellow kitchen with some blue accents. I had recently finished the yellow roses and white hydrangea demonstration in my class but the size was too small and I thought the dark background might be a little serious for a small  kitchen. So using the photo's of the orignal set up for inspiration. I made a few adjustments. The canvas was much larger so I had more room to lengthen the vase. I also made the background a slate blue grey ( it's a little more neutral in reality than it's showing up on my monitor) . The lighter background gives a whole different mood from the original which is shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment