Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yellow Roses- Light Study

Yellow Roses- Light Study
6 x 8 Oil Painting
by Pat Fiorello


This is a little study I did trying to capture the light on some roses. Did this right before I left for Italy earlier this month.

 I haven't gotten back in the studio yet since returning on Monday night.  Thought I might do so today but instead I spent the day culling thru my new photo's from this latest trip to Tuscany. I went thru over 1100 photo's, selected the top 85 and then from those picked about 14 that seem to have the most potential for strong paintings. Been working with those images today, printing, cropping, looking at value patterns etc..

Did a small value sketch of the one I want to do first, so hope to get started tomorrow.  I'll post new work as this new series unfolds.

1 comment:

  1. The roses are gorgeous and I really enjoyed reading your last post and seeing the photos. Cant wait to see what you picked out to paint.

    ReplyDelete