|One of my students painting in Tuscany|
- What medium do you want to work in?
- Is this an instructor you'd like to learn from (style, reputation, ask other artists re:bedside manner- all good artists are not necessarily good instructors)
- Is it a location you'd love to visit
- Subject matter-landscape, light, what the area is uniquely known for?
- What will be the physical requirements of painting outdoors (walking, weather, carrying gear), are their accomodations if you have any limitations?
- Will there be activities for a spouse or travel companion who may not be painting?
- Price (local workshop vs. those requiring airfare), possibilities to use frequent flyer points or share hotel room with another student to cut costs
- Be sure to plan way in advance. Workshops often have limited space and sell out early.
- Look in the back of art magazines for ads or search on line, Shaw guides for workshop options.
- Enjoy the anticipation of looking forward to a very special experience!
|With a couple of my students |
painting at Monet's Garden in Giverny France
If you'd like to join me on a fun painting adventure, please contact me. My workshops are listed on www.patfiorello.com. I have another adventure to Tuscany in September 20-27, 2014 and stayed tuned to my "Bringing Beauty to the World" Newsletter for exciting new 2015 travel workshops to be announced in August.
P.S. ( If you don't currently get my newsletter, you can simply sign up thru this link on the bottom of my home page and I'll include you in the future)