Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Boundless Enthusiasm




Giverny Trellis
Oil Painting by Pat Fiorello
(sold)

One thing I love about meeting other artists is their passion for art. When people are sharing about something they are passionate about,you can feel the heightened energy and aliveness.
Talking about art supplies, classes, mixing colors etc.. can go on for hours.
 You can substitute in anything you are passionate about- music, cooking, traveling, dancing...
At one point I asked myself - what exactly is passion?  I found this definition in the dictionary which I felt captured it pretty well.

Passion =unbounded enthusiasm

 That lead to what is enthusiasm?

Enthusiasm-  from the Greek en theos- “inspired by God”

When we are engaged in what we are passionate about, we are consumed. We love to share with like minded individuals( and anyone else who will listen) . We are present to our own enthusiasm and sense of aliveness when we share our passion with others.

The painting above is one I did based on some photo's form my trip to Monet's gardens in Giverny  France. When I think of Monet', not only do I thin of his great paintings, but also his passion for gardening. he created that garden at Giverny over the 40+ years he lived there and used it as his muse for painting.

Here's another quote I like on success- passion is a key ingredient.


"A Man (or woman, or artist) can succeed at...anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm". ~ Charles Schwab


What are you passionate about? If you haven't shared about it in awhile, I invite you to do so today- it will make your day and someone else's a little brighter. Have fun spreading your enthusiasm!









1 comment:

  1. Pat...I am becoming addicted to your posts. As always, you inspire me with your focus.
    Melody T.

    ReplyDelete