Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Friday, April 29, 2011

An extra bonus of doing art shows

                                           Callaway Azaleas
                                           Watercolor Painting by Pat Fiorello


I rarely do art shows. I'm not talking about exhibitions, gallery shows or juried art shows. I mean the selling art in a tent type of show.  I did my first and last outdoor art show about 10 years ago. It was fun in some ways, but was a big time commitment, huge of amount of work setting up and taking down the show and anxiety( for months beforehand) worrying about the weather possibly raining down on my paintings.

 I have, however, done one art show for the past 4 years -The Wesleyan Artists Market in Norcross Georgia. It's a show of about 75 artists- paintings, jewelry, pottery etc..  and a portion of the proceeds benefits the school's art program. The show is indoors ( yea!) , well run and usually pretty well attended. But beyond the opportunity to meet prospective collectors and sell art, there's a benefit I forget about till I get there.

 One of the best things about doing the show is meeting the other artists. Having gone back several years in a row, you get to see some of the same people year after year and share ideas, information,  tips and are just happy to see a familiar face of a fellow artist. There is a camaraderie among artists that is very special. And that's the hidden bonus of shows.

Here I am with my friend and wonderful fellow artist Margaret Berthold at my booth at the show at last night's opening event.  I look forward to seeing her at the show each year. We don't live very close to each other, so this show is one of the few times during year I get to see her, have fun and spend the whole weekend together.



The show runs today 9-7 and Saturday 10-4 at the Wesleyan School campus in Norcross, GA.
 For more information see:
http://www.wesleyanschool.org/parents/ArtsAlliance/ArtistMarket/Pages/default.aspx                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment