Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Art- An Opportunity for Lifelong Learning!


I just completed the winter semester of the painting class I teach in Atlanta. Adult students sometimes get frustrated because in most areas in life we want the quick answer or solution. But learning to paint is a lifelong journey. I have a plaque in my studio with the quote ” I am still learning” which reportedly came from Michelangelo when he was 87. I share that with my students- if he was still learning at 87- no wonder we are still learning. If you take the attitude that there’s an endless amount of new learning and discovery available to you in art, it becomes and an enlivening, exciting experience. There’s no greater sense of aliveness than learning and creating. You are in the moment and experience the joy of growing.
Happy Creating- whatever you choose to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment