Pat Fiorello - Art Elevates Life

Art & Inspiration from professional artist and instructor Pat Fiorello. Pat is known for her romantic landscape, garden and floral paintings in oil and watercolor. Her paintings often depict beautiful places like Italy and France. Pat teaches painting workshops in the U.S., Caribbean and Europe. She is passionate about inspiring others to include art in their life. Whether creating it or simply appreciating and enjoying it, there are so many ways that art elevates life!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Follow Your Bliss

 Most likely you've heard the Joseph Campbell quote about following your bliss. Sometimes it can sound like a cliche or even a pipe dream, but you can choose and take actions to create the life of your dreams.  I also appreciate perspective of the quote "Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life".  At the age of 43, I decided to take the plunge and shift careers from business to art. That was about 9 years ago and I don't regret the choice for a moment. I have a life I love, aligned with my purpose and have an opportunity to share that with others.

I was recently interviewed for an article in  the April 2011 issue of Best Self magazine which shares the stories of several people who made big life changes to follow their hearts. You can read the entire article called "A New Definition of Success" on:

http://www.bestselfatlanta.com/best-self-articles/life-enrichment/a-new-definition-of-success.html


Beyond the dream of living my life as an artist, one of my specific dreams was to paint in Monet's Gardens in Giverny, France. Not only did I do that, but I taught a  painting workshop there in 2008. Here I am with some of my students - Sue Wierzba and Pauline Buchanan - in front of Monet's Japanese bridge.






If you have a dream- go for it- life is short!
 Like Wayne Gretzky ( the champion hockey player) says  ...
                                          "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

No comments:

Post a Comment